Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Personal: Vacation!

Where the dense vegetation of the wet Cascade Mountains meets the dry Central Oregon High Desert, there lies a remarkable, verdant stretch of glory known as the Metolius River Basin. From the northern foot of Black Butte, the Metolius emerges as a full-fledged river at its celebrated head. The image below is looking downstream near these headwaters, the springs being located immediately to the left of the picture. Above the river, in the distance, stands Mt. Jefferson.

It is in the delights and raw beauty of this piece of God's marvelous Creation that I shall enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren for the next seven days. I will once more test those claims that frequent the pages of my Bible: the glory of God, even his attributes, are observable in the work of his hands. I'm sure I will not be disappointed!

If you find I am less responsive to your comments, you'll understand why. Blessings to you all, my readers!

No comments: